Saturday, November 14, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

Ok, so this post is out of order...this is our visit to Taylor Farms and their pumpkin patch the weekend before Halloween. It turned out to be a really fun day with the boys.

This is the only picture of the 4 of us, so I am posting it, even though I look WRETCHED in it.


My cute boys...


At the "pumpkin patch".



Hudson started the game of rolling all the pumpkins into one big pile of pumpkins....


So Gunner joined in...we then had to convince them that Taylor Farms didn't want all the pumpkins in one big pile and that they had to roll them back where they found them...for some reason THAT wasn't nearly as much fun.
Hudson with the pumpkin he picked out...he wanted to carry that thing everywhere once we got it home!

Posing with the tractor....

Playing in the big wooden boat slide / play set. The grin is priceless.

He did not want off of this thing...lots of places on it to climb and explore.


Gunner driving the train.


"Oh no Hudson, the train is stuck in the muddy mud, we have to get it OUT"...."OH Dunner..MUD. Train stuck in mud MOM"...I love listening to the conversations and games they play. It will be interesting once Hudson decides he is old enough to take the lead on their pretend play...I think Gunner likes to be the one in charge.


Opening and closing windows, the best part of any playhouse!


Hudson was not sure about petting the goats...this is as close as he would get initially.

Gunner liked the baby goat...a little less intimidating I guess!

Hudson finally got brave and bent over to give one goat a quick pat before running for the gate!

Gunner gets his pony ride...he is always really excited and then he gets on the pony and looks so serious!

Gunner gives Hudson a ride on the Crusher....

Hudson decides he wants to get in the drivers seat!

This was just a perfect day, the weather was gorgeous and the farm was not very crowded at all (we are always the early risers, so we tend to be leaving as the crowds start arriving). Both boys had fun, and we had fun watching them and doing the hay ride.





2 comments:

Tracy said...

The monster truck would have been a big hit with my boys. I love how Gunner can use his imagination so well. The video of them singing "twinkle twinkle" made me laugh when Hudson waved his hands just like his big brother. Isn't it so funny to watch the little ones copy their older brothers?

Boagie (Janice) said...

Love the train stuck in the mud conversation!!! Too bad it wasn't on video.

Hudson's face explained it all on his climbing expedition. Cute pic.

I liked the fact the boys were making it easier for others to pick out their pumpkins by gathering them in one place. You just wanted the other parents to walk all over the patch like you had too , ha,ha.

I love your front page picture.