Friday, April 24, 2009

It's starting already...

Quick story...I was dropping Gunner off from preschool today and he was picking his seat at the the little tables. This is how the scene played out...

"Michael, I am going to sit next to you" (his favorite friend at school)
"OK, Gunner"
I say "Goodbye peanut, have a fun day"
Michael says w/ a chuckle "You are a PEANUT?!"
Gunner says "NO, I am a big boy, NOT a peanut!"
I say "Um, OK, sorry...have a fun day...big boy!"

It has officially begun....I have started to embarrass him in front of his friends...what happened to bedtime a few nights ago where he told me I was his "superhero". Apparently only in the privacy of our home where no one else can see or hear me! This cracked me up & I had to share it!

6 comments:

Amber said...

That is so funny and sad at the same time. How can it be embarrassing already? They are only 4!

Holley said...

Oh no I don't want to lose our pet names for them already! I have a pumpkin and I want it that way for at least four more years, oh who am I kidding always! :)
I think it is funny that the names we call our children are usually food related. Although Grant was iddlybits for quiet a while. :)

Steph said...

Next thing you know he'll be saying "Just stay in the car mom, I can walk myself in"...

Leah said...

ha ha ha... thanks for sharing Carrie, that made me laugh! Seth took the liberty of giving Salla "Bubba" as a nickname. I can't wait to see the day she tells him off for that one!

Tracy said...

No, not already! I'm dreading the day they get too big to be kissed. :(

Boagie (Janice) said...

Growning up too fast! At least you covered yourself graciously.
Cute nickname though. Amber gave Zachary the same name. What's Hudsons?